Despite how simple the symptoms may be, there are actually a variety of things that could cause your eyelashes to fall out. Here are some reasons your eyelashes could be thinning:
- Hereditary Factors – Some genetic diseases such as cryptophthalmos and Ehlers–Danlos syndrome could cause your eyelashes to fall out.
- Excessive Eye Rubbing – Harsh scrubbing when you remove makeup products or whenever you rub your eyes could be causing eyelashes to fall out.
- Bad Beauty Habits – Leaving eye makeup or mascara on, or using heat products could damage eyelash hair follicles.
- Allergies – An allergic reaction to beauty products and other things could causes eyelash loss.
- Age – Eyelashes naturally thin as a part of the aging process.
- Medical Conditions – A medical condition such as blepharitis, thyroid disorders, alopecia, inflammatory diseases, skin cancer, and many other diseases could cause eyelashes to thin.
- Certain Medications – Some medications have eyelash thinning as a side effect like chemotherapy drugs.