Laser Spa Group is happy to be the first in Hamilton and Burlington to give patients an alternative to blepharoplasty (surgical eyelid lift) without cutting the skin. For men and women of all ages, eye rejuvenation is one of the most popular and effective procedures for restoring the freshness of one’s look.
Over the years, you may notice that it is more difficult to apply eye makeup, or that you continue to look tired even after Botox injections. That is because the skin around the eye has become saggy, more lax and crepey.
Introducing Plexr, a revolutionary technology that has been in use for over 10 years in Italy, gaining Health Canada Approval in August 2021. Canada is now the 53rd country to approve its use as a non-surgical way to treat the eyelid and other skin laxity. The device ionizes the air present between its terminal and the skin. This generates a micro-plasma beam (electrical arc) that precisely stimulates the contraction, shortening and tightening of skin fibres through sublimation. Although its main application is to tighten the skin of the upper and lower eyelids; Plexr is an extremely versatile device that is used for different clinical treatments, both aesthetic and curative.
The plasma beam generated by Plexr is the bridge between non-surgical and surgical procedures.
Before and After
Frequently Asked Questions
- Periorbital rejuvenation (upper + lower eyelid, +/- crow’s feet) , known as a “non-surgical blepharoplasty”. No scalpel, stitches or laser.
- Fraction of the cost of surgery
- Perioral rejuvenation (smokers lines)
- Treat wrinkles and loose skin of the face, neck, abdomen, elbows, knees
- Removal of benign lesions: keloids, cysts, skin tags, moles, xanthelasmas, keratosis, warts, cherry hemangiomas
- Dyschromias: hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation
- Active acne treatment
- Treat scarring (hypertrophic scars; acne scars)
- Treatment of resistant Warts
- Immediate and long lasting results : ~2 years
- Less downtime compared to surgical alternatives
- It is advisable to use Plexr™ Plus in autumn-winter to minimize sun exposure during the period of healing of the skin.
- Any inflammation or irritation of the eye area
Plasma is the 4th state of matter and is created when gases in the air are ionized with the help of a special device. The Plexr device creates a small electrical arc that precisely heats the skin and causes superficial sublimation or vaporization (turning solid tissue into a gas). The skin retracts and tightens instantly, while collagen production in the dermis increases over the course of a few months.
Since the outcome of the procedure depends on your own body’s response to the energy delivered, results can vary from person to person. Depending on severity and your desired result, 1-3 sessions will be required, with an estimated 30% reduction with each session.
Plexr is an impressive alternative to surgery for mild to moderate loose skin. Often 3 sessions may be required, which are performed every 6-8 weeks. Perfect for people who want a gradual, scarless correction. While surgery is still the “gold standard” for patients with severe laxity.
Anesthesia is achieved with either a topical cream, or a nerve block. Most patients feel some heat and minimal pain. At the end of the session, there will be small black/brown combustion points in the treated area which may be sore.
Following treatment, the eyelids swell temporarily. This settles in 48-72 hours and may require use of anti-inflammatories, cold compress and antihistamines.
The carbon crusts take 4 to 10 days to fall off. DO NOT scratch, pick or rub the treated areas as a pinkish discoloration or hypo/hyperpigmentation could persist.
You will be required to use LCE Regard cream or Oxygenetix Mineral Foundation on the treated areas for one month to aid with healing process.